Two Way Mirror
Appearing July 7 & 8 at the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, DC
Two Way Mirror is an exploration of subtlety in the digital world. Many dedicated artists now actively create subtle moments in order to share a phenomenon called autonomous sensory meridian response, or ASMR.
Millions of viewers have been made aware of ASMR through popular media and video streaming sites. To some it conveys a deep relaxation and tingling sensation. What do you experience? What is found in these moments of relative quiet, calm, intimacy, and idleness?
The team behind Two Way Mirror is comprised of artists, designers, programmers, and makers in Washington, DC.
PHIL JONES (artist)
Phil likes to create spaces in which creators are enabled to create. He thinks about how technology shapes our view of the world and vice versa.
Allie is a designer and artist who could talk to you for hours about color and is fascinated by the infinity of the solar system. Back on earth, Allie's work focuses on the intersection of social impact, sustainability and human centered design.
James is a tinkerer / engineer. When not out cycling, he enjoys working on projects that explore the intersection of art and technology.
David is an interaction designer, recovering educator, porridge eater, and bike rider.
WILL ATWOOD MITCHELL
Will is a programmer and electronics enthusiast.
These videos were used in the creation of Two Way Mirror. Some were produced by the artists listed above, others were graciously offered under a Creative Commons license.
Gentle Whispering ASMR
- Qi Music Meditation for Balance | Himalayan Singing Bowls [ASMR]
- All Out Personal Attention ASMR Triggers | Massage, Ear Cleaning, Face Brushing, Hair Brushing
Made in France ASMR
- [ASMR] RAIN in the Garden - Nature
- [ASMR] Relaxing Water Waves (Sea down to lake, Walking on Beach, Iceberg Floating) - ICELAND NATURE
- [ASMR] 1 Hour Sleep ZEN GARDEN (Sand, Crinkle, Brushing, Tapping, Cup Sounds) - NO TALKING
Frank Russo & Stefano Arciero
- Venice! Gondola in 3D Audio, Use Headphones !
- Enrico Sorbello: Violoncello a 432Hz - Test Binaurale #2 [3D Binaural Audio]
- Flavia Vallega Krystael: Canti Binaurali a 432Hz nella Grotta dell'Orso [3D Binaural Audio]
- 10 Minutes Binaural Nature Spring Sounds Forest ASMR
- 瘋顛狂書道館 | Crazy Calligraphy
- 沖縄風景 波打ち際とヤドカリ そして珊瑚と貝殻のシャリシャリ音 shinstagram
- Look to the Sky in a Forest
- Look Up at Forest
These organizations and events have provided the space and place for Two Way Mirror.
Sound Scene is a free and interactive audio art installation for all ages, presented annually by the DC Listening Lounge.
Sound Scene unites audio artists and contributors from across the globe to transform the Hirshhorn Musueum into a sonic wonderland.
DC Listening Lounge (DCLL) is an audio collective of sound enthusiasts that meets monthly in Washington, DC to listen together, workshop audio, and nurture an on-going conversation about sound, art, and everything around the edges.